Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eyebrow Threading!!!!


Eyebrow threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in parts of India, the Middle and Far East, and is now gaining popularity in Western countries. I was first introduced to this method of hair removal a long time ago in Little India up in Los Angeles. I totally prefer threading to waxing and tweezing for soooooo many reasons. First of all, it's safe for my skin. Whenever I've gotten my eyebrows waxed in the past, my eyebrow area has always ended up red and irritated afterward. I always make sure that the cosmetologist doesn't have the temperature of the wax too high, so I think I may be allergic to wax. I also hate eyebrow waxing because it's super messy, and I feel like it usually takes off WAYYYY too many of my eyebrow hairs. I like my eyebrows to be clean and tidy, not thin and overly-done. I prefer stronger, more masculine brows. Threading is also a lot more sanitary. I don't know who's been using the wax/wax warmer, I don't know if they double-dipped, if the wax warmer is clean, etc. You also can't really tell if their tweezers have been cleaned... I'm super picky about anything that touches my face, especially around my eye area. I like plucking my eyebrows on my own, but that can be tedious at times. That's why I've really been into threading lately :] It's super easy, safe, and clean, and allows for easy control of what hairs are removed. If you've never heard of eyebrow threading or are curious to see how it works, check it out on YouTube!!! There are lots of videos showing you how it's done, and even how to do it on yourself!! Do any of you prefer eyebrow threading over waxing and plucking as well? Tell me about it :]

No comments:

Post a Comment