Monday, February 7, 2011

Feline Kohl Power Pencil by MAC


I had heard so many of my favorite makeup people on YouTube talk about how amazing and exceptional Feline Kohl Power by MAC was, so I made sure to call my local Nordstrom and have them put one on hold for me as soon as MAC's Champale collection came out like a month or two ago... I was all excited when I got it... I'm always excited to try new things, especially when I hear a lot of buzz about a product. I swatched it on the back of my hand when I got home. It was just as gorgeous and dark and pigmented as everyone had always described it. Yes, it glided on effortlessly and smudged like a dream. But what so many other people LOVE about this eyeliner, I didn't really like. Although I do love a messy, sexy, edgy rock-chic smokey eye, I also love for my eyeliner to set finally, and stay on as long as possible. That will not happen with this product. Even when I put a primer underneath of this stuff and set it afterward with a black shadow like Carbon or Beautmarked, this stuff still moves around on your eyes and will leave you with raccoon eyes by the end of the night, or even after just a few minutes. Because it's so silky smooth and greasepaint like, it really warms up when it gets on your skin and gets all over the place, so you really have to control where you put this stuff. I find that I really don't even like to use this stuff all that much on my tearstrip either, because it doesn't stay there long and transfers everywhere. Sometimes, however, I do want a really messy smokey eye with eyeliner all over the place, so I will use Feline well-blended underneath some dark shadow, so this purchase wasn't a complete loss I guess. I probably won't ever repurchase it though because I barely ever use it and there are so many other things out there that will actually stay on my eyes long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment