Monday, February 21, 2011

Alexander Wang Fall 2011 RTW Makeup Trend: Clean Face, Strong Brows

I was just browsing some pictures from runway shows when I noticed the makeup trend at Alexander Wang's Fall 2011 Ready-To-Wear show. It features a very clean monochromatic face with very bold, dark eyebrows. There's perhaps a bit of very light contouring and highlighting. I personally like this look a lot because it's very simple and very androgynous. It's sort of harsh and not the most flattering of makeup looks but I like to take ideas from one look and mix it into another look. Alexander Wang wanted his audience to pay more attention to the clothing in his collection than the makeup on the models, and this edgy look totally complemented the dark, futuristic androgynous collection. I think I would wear this look to run some errands like go to the grocery store or to the mall to pick something up. If you're not gonna be doing much, I think it'd be nice just to have foundation and powder all over the face and really strong brows. That's just me though. Let me know what you think about this makeup trend/look...

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2011RTW-AWANG

No comments:

Post a Comment