Saturday, February 12, 2011

Poison by Dior


Poison is a very romantic fragrance that was launched by Christian Dior in 1985. It's been classified as a luxurious, oriental, floral fragrance and is very well-known as being both provocative and intense.  I've been wearing this iconic perfume on and off for years, ever since I was a very little kid - I absolutely LOVE it. I've always had an appreciation for more dramatic fragrances, and Poison is truly that.

I feel that it was very appropriately named because it is a very dark, macabre perfume. It's a great perfume to wear at nighttime. It's notes are orange blossom, honey, cinnamon, coriander, pepper, plum, rosewood, rose, tuberose, wild berries, cistus labdanum, carnation, jasmine, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla, heliotrope and opopanax. If I had to sum up this scent in three words, I would say that it's dark, spicy, and fruity.

I love how it's an extremely unique scent - you really won't find anything else out there that smells like Poison. And although Dior has launched a few re-interpretations of Posion, like Hypnotic Posion, Tendre Poison, and Pure Poison, I personally feel like none of these are anywhere near as beautiful of a scent as the original. Although Poison is not a scent made for everyone, it really has made a name for itself over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment