Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure in Mythic #69

I just recently started to get back into Chanel makeup. I have to admit I really really wanted to buy a Rouge Allure Lipstick just because of the packaging. You press the gold interlocking C symbol at the top of the case to release the lipstick, and the black case itself is glass, I believe. Needless to say, it is GORGEOUS. Of course I ONLY ever wear nudes, usually light to medium beiges with neutral undertones. And that's exactly what Mythic is :] I love the fact that it's quite moisturizing and light but it still has good pigmentation and wear-time. The formula is smooth and feels nice on the lips but I wish it were just a liiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more opaque. I guess that just leaves room for layering with either a lipliner or a gloss. I like to wear Mythic on it's own for a nice neutral nude lip look, but I particularly like to pair it with Chanel's lipliner in Peche, and Chanel's gloss in Insouciance for a more complex and polished peachy nude lip.

Yeah I know- $35 is super pricey for one lipstick. You can buy a similar lipstick from MAC for $16. You could even buy a lipstick from Revlon similar to Mythic for about $8. But the packaging is beautiful, and it's just fun to have a cute little mechanism like this in your bag. And of course, it's Chanel :] Who doesn't love Chanel!? I think that though it's totally not necessary to own lots of Rouge Allures, it is good to splurge on a few, especially if you're a makeup collector/connoisseur like so many of us are. If you want a cheaper alternative to Chanel's Mythic, check out MAC's lipsticks in Creme d'Nude and High Tea, or if you're looking for a drug-store alternative, I would say that Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude is kinda similar, though a little bit lighter.

Are you into nudes? What's your favorite? Do you like Chanel's Rouge Allure formula? Let me know what you think :]

(I used a picture of the lipstick that I found on Google, and I've sourced the link below...)
(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.parfumy.com/images/product_images/original_images/Chanel-Allure-Lipstick-No-69-My)

No comments:

Post a Comment