Sunday, June 26, 2011

Orly Space Cadet: Dark Rainbow Nail Polish

 Space Cadet is from Orly's "Cosmic FX" line that was launched in Fall 2010. Although it is limited edition, I was able to pick it up yesterday at my local Ulta. It seems to be Orly's most talked about nail polish- I've seen it and heard it mentioned in so many YouTube videos, I've read about it on blogs, etc... I can totally see what all the fuss is about- IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!

Have you ever seen a puddle of oil sitting on asphalt, glistening in the sun? And you know how it's a dark-rainbow color? Like you can see all the colors of the rainbow but they're darker in a way? Or have you ever seen a black beetle with a dark iridescent exo-skeleton? Well that's exactly what Space Cadet looks like. I guess the base itself is mostly a dark forest green, but there are so many iridescent/holographic effects to this gorgeous duo-chrome polish that it looks all different colors in different lighting and in different angles. And there's this gorgeous micro-shimmer floating through it that gives it a super shiny mirror effect. Space Cadet looks a greenish golden bronze with amber-gold glitter running through it in daylight. In more dim lighting, it appears to be an amethyst violet color with pink glitter. This is one of the prettiest, most interesting nail polishes I've ever encountered. One coat is kinda sheer, but then it builds up intensity and reaches opacity in about 2 or 3 coats, although I like to wear more because I like my polish a little bit thicker.

It's just as difficult to photograph as it is to describe lol... In my opinion, it looks a lot like Chanel's Period Nail Polish from their new Fall collection. I definitely recommend Orly's Space Cadet to anyone that enjoys more unique nail polishes. It's really fun but it still has a certain sophistication to it. It's really nice layered on other nail polishes, so far I've really enjoyed it over any black polish. Later on I'll experiment with glitter top coats over Space Cadet. This color was from Orly's Mineral FX collection or whatever, so it was a little pricier than their usual polishes, at $10, but Ulta often has special deals going on and coupons available. Here's Ulta's Orly Nail Polish Web Page: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1460066#sku2220656

I took the pictures on my own. It was kinda difficult to effectively photograph this color, but check out this blog post- it has amazing pictures of Space Cadet: http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/09/orly-space-cadet-sci-fi-on-your-nails.html

MY PICTURES, MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!
Feel free to like, comment, follow, add me as a friend, say hi, or follow my blog at http://SMOKEYEYESNUDELIPS.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment