Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chanel Cosmetics Fall 2011: Illusion d'Ombres

Chanel's latest cosmetics launch: Illusion d'Ombres (Illusion of Shadows) has just recently hit stores for Fall. I'm a huge fan of Chanel makeup, and I love that they've introduced some new products this season- I've been wanting some new textures lately, and I like that this line has a little bit of something for everyone. The standout item this season is the cream shadow, which is a silicone-gel formula. They're supposed to be "intensely shimmery" and really easy to blend. It's available in six shades, they look as though they'll be gorgeous either on their own, or layered with other products to create the perfect smokey eye look. I haven't been to the mall in like a week or so, so I haven't had the chance to see this collection in person yet. I'm curious as to how the cream shadows will wear. I've heard some rumors that these are supposed to be Chanel's version of Giorgio Armani's "Eyes to Kill" Silk Shadows, which I believe are beautiful as well. The Chanel cream shadows, however are a little more pricey, though they do come with a brush I've heard. I really love the color palette of this collection- and I love that the concept of the collection is loosely based on the ever-popular smokey eye, pinky nude lip concept. I'm excited for this collection, but I think the cream shadows are of course overpriced at almost $40 each. ($36+tax) So what do you think so far? Don't these pieces look enticing? I can't wait to swatch them :]

No comments:

Post a Comment