Saturday, June 18, 2011

Neutrogena's Redness Soothing Oil-Free Acne Wash (Cream Cleanser)


Whenever I go to Wal-Mart, I have this tendency of just throwing a bunch of different facial cleansers into my cart- I love trying new things. You never know when you'll find an amazing drug-store product, and I honestly believe you can never have too many facial cleansers. I always alternate the ones I use too- I've heard it's better for your skin and I get bored of using the same things over and over again. One of the products I've tried out recently has been this "Redness Soothing Oil-Free Acne Wash" from Neutrogena. I liked the color of the packaging, and the idea that it might reduce any redness. I don't have a problem with acne, but I will wake up with the occasional blemish (or two) every once in a while. I don't have a huge problem with redness either, I'm naturally kinda tan so this isn't a big problem unless I'm really hot or I've over-exfoliated or something like that.

Okay, with all that being said: I neither LIKE nor DISLIKE this product. It's in my shower, and I use it every once in a while. I haven't noticed it making any difference in the texture or appearance of my skin, but it contains menthol which is kind of refreshing, especially now that it's starting to get warmer. If you have sensitive skin, you probably won't like the mentholated feeling it'll give you when using it. I called it cooling and refreshing but you may call it burning and irritating.
The packaging just says "Acne Wash," it didn't say whether it'd be a foaming or creamy cleanser. I think I would enjoy this product much more if it were a foaming cleanser. I feel like when you lather up a face wash, it cleans much more and gets into the pores better. I feel like cream cleansers kinda just sit on the surface of the skin and don't do much for removing oil or dead skin or bacteria or anything along those lines. I feel like foaming cleansers are better for oily skin and cream cleansers are better for dry skin, but I like to use either kind depending on the situation.

Okay I've rambled on enough. Do I recommend this product? Not really. Unless you want something kinda refreshing and you don't have particularly sensitive skin. There are much better drug store cleansers out there, you just have to try them all out and find which ones work for you best. Will I re-purchase this item? Maybe. It's not a horrible product, and it's refreshing- I like to use it when my face doesn't need too heavy of a cleanser. And it's always available at Wal-Mart and I believe it's under $8. I'll probably buy the foaming cleanser version of this product next time.

Let me know if you've tried this product and whether you like it or not. We all have different skin-types and different preferences so it's nice to know what other people think about this product :]

(I used a picture I found on Google because it's a lot easier than photographing and uploading pictures of a product on my own :] I've sourced the link to the picture beloooooowwwwww)
[http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=neutrogena%20redness%20soothing&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa]

No comments:

Post a Comment