Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beth Ditto: My Number One Style Icon and Inspiration







I first heard about Beth Ditto a few years ago, when I read an article about her in NYLON Magazine. I fell in love with her instantly. For those who don't know- she's the frontwoman of the band "The Gossip." She's very well-known for being really outspoken and I love her edgy, avant-garde style. She's very talented and has a gorgeous and powerful voice. Beth is constantly changing the way she looks, and she always has very unique style. What I love most about her though is that she doesn't like her size hold her back- she wears what she wants and she looks damn good in it all. She's not uncomfortable wearing certain things just because she's not a size zero. I find Beth to be a great inspiration in that you don't have to be a size 0 to be beautiful. She came from humble beginnings living in Arkansas to being a famous singer and style icon that hangs out with Karl Lagerfeld and Kate Moss. She's also a rights activist for the LGBT community. I posted some quotes of hers below, and I linked the page I got them from below. I got the pictures of her off of Google Images. If you want to learn more about her, Google her :] And listen to The Gossip!!! You can watch their music videos on YouTube, as well as Beth's solo stuff...

“To be thin and to stay really thin, sometimes… some people literally do coke all the time. Some people smoke cigarettes instead of eating. That’s crazy. But that’s ‘okay’ because you look healthier.”

“I’m not an unhealthy person and I feel like one of the most tiring parts of being fat and being proud of it is… you do a lot of proving yourself all the time."

“It’s really interesting to me that people will look at a thin person and go, ‘That’s a healthy person’. I want to go, ‘Come open my refrigerator and look and then let’s talk about what you think is so bad’.

[http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/celebrity-quotes/beth-ditto-says-skinny-doesnt-youre-healthy.html]

No comments:

Post a Comment