Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MAC's Lipliner in "Naked Liner"



The other day I was at the MAC counter picking up some lipsticks when I saw this lipliner sitting in their lipliner cup. The color really caught my eye, cuz I LOVE my nudes<3333 In the past, I haven't been a big fan of lipliner (chola, anyone?), I've just been happy with lipsticks and lipglosses. And I thought that most lipliners tended to be way darker than what I liked. Naked Liner though, is different- it's super light. It's even lighter than MAC's Myth Lipstick. Naked Liner is similar in color to NARS' Madere Matte Lipstick in that it's a super-pale pinky beige nude. I know a lot of people are scared of the "concealer lips" look, and I don't like that look at all either. Naked Liner is just great for nude-ing or blanking out your lips before applying a lipstick so that there's a nude base, and so that the lipstick's color can show true without competing with your natural lipcolor. It's just really nice for lightening up a lip look, and I love the lasting power of it. It can look kinda chalky on your lips if they're dry so I totally recommend putting on some lipbalm a few minutes before putting Naked Liner on. The color is so gorgeous- a lot of times I'll use it to highlight my cupid's bow and the center of my bottom lip when I'm wearing a nude lip look. I've even heard of some people wearing this on their eyes in the waterline, but that's a whole other story... Yeah so if you like nude lips, or are looking for something to lighten up some of your current lippies, check out Naked Liner. I like it a LOT more than I thought I would, believe me :]
(I took a picture of the lipliner on my computer desk. I think the flash kinda washed the lipliner out, but you get the idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment