Monday, September 12, 2011

Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Black Star


I have a major obsession with black eyeshadows, especially black eyeshadows with glitter in them. I also have an obsession with anything Chanel. When I saw Chanel's Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Black Star sitting on display at the Chanel counter, I added it to my purchases that day without a second thought. It's a beautiful charcoal black eyeshadow with silver glitter and finer multi-colored reflects floating throughout it. It's a mature, more refined/sophisticated version of MAC's Blacktied eyeshadow. It has beautiful pigmentation- it's easy to pack this stuff on, and it sparkles beautifully. It's really pretty when you wear it all over the lid, then blended at the crease, but sometimes when I want a subtle/more sophisticated look. I'll wear Black Star as a liner with a pretty peach-toned nude eyeshadow, like Night Star by NARS. Black Star is gorgeous when worn in the crease too. It blends perfectly without losing intensity (when you use the right base and brush), and I find that it has amazing staying power- it lasts longer than Blacktied, in my opinion. Something unique about it too, is that it tends to have less fallout than other eyeshadows similar to it. Perhaps it's packed and pressed better? Either way I love it, and it's the perfect eyeshadow to wear out at night :] If you want a cheaper alternative, I suggest Night Breed by NARS and Blacktied by MAC. These shadows are all pretty similar but different enough in texture to make me puchase them all. Maybe later on I'll do a compare/contrast post on them. If you'd like an even cheaper alternative, I've bought shadows from Sonia Kashuk, Flirt, and WetNWild that were all excellent dupes :] I did my best to photgraph Black Star's beauty, but I definitely recommend checking it out at the Chanel counter- swatch it and prepare to fall in love<33333
As usual, please feel free to comment my posts, add me as a friend, say hi, or follow me :]

No comments:

Post a Comment