Wednesday, September 22, 2010

MAC HUG ME- A WARM & WONDERFUL NUDE FOR FALL


While makeup shopping with a friend about two years back, I came to the sudden conclusion that I should buy more tan-nude lipsticks to add to my collection. I've always been a fan of wearing a warm beige nude all over my lips then applying a lighter shade to just the center of my lips. The sales associate picked out a handful of more "tan nudes" that I purchased without even trying on. They looked good in the store, and fortunately I was happy with all of them :]

At first, I though this color was little too dark for me. Honestly though, it kind of just blends into my skin-tone. It's probably a shade or so darker than my NW30 complexion, but it doesn't look gross-brown on my lips at all, fortunately. It's a lot better than having concealer lips. It's a really pretty pinkish-tan nude that gives you that J.Lo/Kim K look. It looks amazing on, I love how warm it is. It looks even better if you have a tan :] Being a Lustre, it's super-creamy and rich and feels very luxe on the lips. To me, it really feels like a YSL Rouge Volupte, so silky-buttery smooth. It's not drying at all, in fact it's the complete opposite. It feels just like a lip-balm on. It's pretty versatile, you could wear it with any look, although I do prefer wearing Hug Me when I have an extremely dramatic smokey eye going on. I would recommend this color to everyone, except the super-pale, because it might show up as brown on someone with a very light complexion. SO, who here uses Hug Me lipstick!? Is it something you reach for often? Or does it sit in your "do-not-use" makeup drawer? If you DO wear Hug Me, what kind of looks do you tend to wear it with? Just wondering :]

No comments:

Post a Comment